Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Beware....Deadly Epidemic!


I am no master in the field of epidemiology but it looks to me as if every corner I turn, every person I happen to run into, my very own family memebers are either one getting married or two pregnant. I have no problem with these two things personally, I'm not jealous or envious in anyway, I'm just curious and find it coincidental how so many people fall in love at the same time. Is everyone really falling head over hills want to marry you now love or is it simply the "popular" thing to do? I have yet to find out the answer to such a queston, I'm not sure if one actually exist. LoVe is a word that is nowadays thrown around so easily, the need to get married has grown greater than the need to search for a job, greater than the need for husbands to figure out how they will support there wives (or vise versa in some cases). I also wonder whether the mad epidemic has anything to do with mere physical attraction moreso than actual "love." See in those romance movies like the famous "Sleepless in Seattle" or the very funny "Brown Sugar" only the good lovely dovey, lustful actions without consequence portion of so called love is shown. But when all the I do's have been said and done, and the picture has been taken and framed, real life as well as real problems begin. Now me, I'm subborn sometimes stuck in my ways thinking that oh if I shall ever have the privledge of falling in love an argument shall never arise between my husband and I. Yet I laugh in my head knowing all is untrue, and I weigh the importance of such a decision, of knowing its no longer just me, it is two hearts, two minds, united, tied together for eternity. This "love/pregnancy" disease symptoms include excessive crying (because of happiness if getting married b/c of weird hormones if pregnant), nightmares of everything that could go wrong during the wedding (which my sister has often), feeling full but still wanting to eat (pregnant), or finding yourself smiling for absolutely no reason at all!! If you are experiencing such symptoms I suggest you one see a doctor immediately and start looking for maternity clothing or two hope that your boyfriend is on the same level because you are so ready to get married..... join the crowd you have now to caught one of the two of these incurable, speading like a wildfire at Yellowstone Park epidemics.Congratulations~!


By : Ja'Nise Washington ~~ Right now I have no need to fall in love, I'd rather fall in a bowl of chocolate~~

3 comments:

Treesa ! said...

WOW ! well written !! I LOVED it. I too often think about it. The same question on what really truly is. My whole family had an arranged marriage and I live in a country where arranged marriage is looked upon as this ancient thing. But yet I have to proudly say that no one in my family has gotten a divorce . So I always wondered, if love is about just getting to know the person before marriage and deciding to spend the life with them knowing that u will be happy this person. Or is it learning to love a person for who he/she is and knowing that no matter what happens, u will be happy because u are with him and he is with u. I never know ! Maybe I never will.

Marriage, i don't think, requires just love. Marriage is a commitment to be with a person in whatever they go through. I believe that anyone can be a lover, but to be a true husband and wife takes that right combination of patience and acceptance.

HEHE high 5 Ja'Nise. Just like u, i think about a marriage life where we live happily ever after without any arguments and with a great amount of compromise. But then I think about it, is that really possible... no way ! But Let us embrace our single life ! There is nothing better than that. No rush for a love. But when it happens, it will be much more golden because we waited for it to happen that rushed for it to happen :)

Great post !

Ja'Nise said...

I had actually went to a seminar well it wasn't quite a seminar I can't find the right word, nevertheless it was at Schoolcraft. An english teach who works there is from a certain part of India and she had an arrange marriage as well. She was telling us about how when she came here she didn't know her husband nor anyone in the U.S. Its a long story but a very good one! I always use to think I would never want an arrange marriage and I thought it was forced upon her but she said she still had a choice! I'm glad I learned more about it instead of dismissing the idea as crazy. I love the fact that no one in your family has had a divorce and all had arranged marriages that is so awesome. I've learned alot about the culture in India I find it so amazing!! The American way can be so boring lol !!
Thanks for your comment :) It is much appreciated

Treesa ! said...

hahaha ! well even though in America there is a 50 % + divorce rate, lets be optimistic and say there is yet a good 40 % of marriages that survive. Arranged marriage is not a forced one. Not anymore. You get to spend the time with the people and choose who u want. My dad describes it as a way to include ur family into ur marriage, so if anything goes wrong, the people who arranged it would do something about it if it is falling apart.
I think there is the social factor that makes a huge difference. In a lot a parts in India and in the cultural eyes of India, divorce is considered as a bad option. And people who get a divorce, especially, women are looked down upon. So many a time, disagreements don't go that far.

anywayz ! I like the idea of arranged marriage. It is a way to ensure that if something happens, ur whole family is with u.

not turning ur blog into my arranged marriage lecture spot ! so see ya !