Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Friendship


As we sit at opposite ends of the world
I wonder whether our thoughts coincide into one complete sentence
If we saw each other right now would our eyes connect
Or would I be the girl in his hindsight...
One that he could easily forget
I don't search for marriage, I do not even seek love.
I don't want what everyone has
I want what most refuse to get....friendship
I don't know who you are
Honestly, I can hardly define me
I won't sing that lame line that repeats itself
In multiple love songs claiming that you complete me
Still, I find myself thinking of you
A person I don't even know
You are like my own personal foreign land
I'd travel so far to be with you, although I have no idea who you are
All I know, all I feel is that you will not reject me
We'll grow into the deepest friendship
And sail the waves of laughter
We'll know one another so well, that forever we will
Want to dwell in each others company.
If we saw each other right now would he feel the same
Or do I make up fantasies to comfort loneliness
Create false friendships to bury pain?!

by:Ja'Nise Washington Orginally written 10/7/2009

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Wow!!!
You really do beautiful poetry!!!
I love writing stories, but poetry is in a total realm of its own for me!!!

Ja'Nise said...

Thank you!! I love poetry...it defines me yet I love how everyone can derive their own meaning from words :)