Saturday, February 6, 2010

~~Waiting~~


Sometimes it's so hard to be patient
Hard to wait
To take on the weight of not only your tribulations
But the tribulations of others as well
Every tear, a spear that pierces the depth of your soul.
Many times I yearn for what other people have
But not really, I want something, someone so much better
Seems like lately I've been so willing to settle for less
Just because they're there
Just because they make me smile for no reason
Yet I know if something were to transpire
My mind would change
And what I wanted, what I rushed
Would cause even more damage and pain
So right now my mind wants more than my heart can handle
Right now I'm stuck in between standing still or moving to fast
Knowing that the fraction of happiness that I attain by not listening
Is not one meant to last.
So tell me Lord... when will You speak Your words to me
When will I receive the desires of my heart
Or when will my old desires be replaced by new ones
I'll wait, I'll wait, I'll wait patiently in good spirits
No matter the length
Even if my body aches for something new.
I'll wait on You!

by:Ja'Nise Washington

1 comment:

Sanctuary of Praise said...

Just awesome! I also love your blog's design! I just started one myself for our church's website. I'm kind of new to blogging though so I'm checking out other Christian blogs to get some inspiration for design and content. Feel free to check our new blog at our church in Bellevue

Would love to know what you think!